Thursday, December 22, 2011

Behind Computers



 I am to be meeting someone soon, I believe, I charmed over the net...

The thing is, I am not as interesting in person. 

Anyone here like me? Don Juan behind computers, and Average Joe in person? 

I know I'll be disappointing in person, now I am only hoping that I wouldn't disappoint so much to the extent that I become turning off! 



Thank you so much for the support. The calendar's going off the shelf like hot cakes! If you want it, be fast, I have no idea how long more before the stock runs out!



On another note, here's something I wrote last night:

If You Love Me, You Will Stay...
I happen to come across this statement, posted by a friend of mine. At first glance, it comes across empowering. Almost "Liked" it... Almost. You see, I do, to some extent, believe that we need to come into terms with ourselves before we can even begin thinking of getting into a romantic relationship. To put it simply, love yourself before loving another. I mean, how could you love another or expect anyone to love you, when you don't love yourself?

But it's also typical of me to look deeper into deep phrases, and looking at it for the second time around, the phrase now seems more selfish than empowering. I mean, imagine both party of a relationship adopting the same mentality. "if you love me, you will stay.", both is expecting the other to stay, and neither is willing to stay. What's to happen to such relationships? Yet, today, we see a majority if not all couples adopting a somewhat similar stand. Isn't love supposed to be giving, more than anything else?

Love:
is patient
is kind
it does not envy
it does not boast
it is not proud
it is not rude
it is not self seeking
it is not easily angered
keeps no record of wrongs
does not delight in evil
rejoices with the truth
always protects
always trusts
always hopes
always perseveres
NEVER FAILS.
-1 Corinthians 13:4-8
I believe ALL are guilty of at least ONE of the above.

I also believe ALL have at least, once, in their lifetime, tried to love truly. Everyone has once told themselves, so unconditionally and naively "If I love him/her, I will stay..."

I have.

And because it's so difficult to love, to trust, to hope, to not envy, to not boast... love just fails to persevere in this world that we're living in.

Love is strong, but we humans are too weak to love. 

People who have tried to love so truly and unconditionally (like myself), will come to know how impossible it really is.

People who have tried their very best to NEVER stop loving will come to understand that it only takes ONE party to call it off, and loving becomes a gazzillion times more impossible than it already is.

And it is people who have TRIED loving truly, that STOPS loving truly ever again, when that one true love cease to persevere.

So, what holds a relationship together now, if not love? Mutual interests, and goals perhaps? We see people searching for compatible life partners- people with same views, goals, and stand in life.

And I end my article here today, for I have to get back to work... weehhheeeeeee =)

Hope this makes you ponder a bit on life and love.

5 Comments:

ken said...

i agree with the behind computer vs in person statement! lol

Syafiqah said...

sometimes i feel that way too. this is so sadd.. hahaha..

p/s: i love this blog! you are awesome! :D

Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
woo said...

you're not alone in this ><

James Low said...

I think love which doesn't persevere isn't true love after all... True love is strong, it will also make us strong... But the real magnitude of true love is too great for anyone to grasp or to show to someone else... Except God, no one really loves truly...